Three indices may appear in one’s (unstable) body!
Forgetting the lively persons, parents;
Forgetting what they had done to us,
Forgetting our duty to them, scorn and abuse!
Regretting that we lost everything, yes!
When the end comes to the parents
Feeling sorry for their demise!
Feeling ashamed for not doing virtuous deeds
While suffering combined with losing physical health
Due to the ailing incurable disease!
Are the three indices that may appear
In one’s body which is unstable
In this world!
Parents are the Intellectual subjects of life, Fame!
Children have no gratitude towards parents, hush!
And they are considered like objects of unstable body, Shame!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Three indices may appear in one’s unstable body! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
பெறுதிக்கண் பொச்சாந் துரைத்தல் உயிரை
இறுதிக்கண் யாமிழந்தோம் என்றல் - மறுவந்து
தன்னுடம்பு கன்றுங்கால் நாணுதல் இம்மூன்றும்
மன்னா உடம்பின் குறி.91 – திரிகடுகம்
Comments about this poem (Three indices may appear in one’s (unstable) body! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
- Besame (Translation Of Kiss Me), Adriana Avila
- Well behaved, hasmukh amathalal
- Never Far From You, Wani Rahil
- Cloak of Autumn, Jacqueline Nash
- In the Desert of Iraq, Donal Mahoney
- Tagged, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Julie, Jeffrey Smith
- winter's advice, teresa sellers
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)