Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Three indices may appear in one’s (unstable) body!
Forgetting the lively persons, parents;
Forgetting what they had done to us,
Forgetting our duty to them, scorn and abuse!
Regretting that we lost everything, yes!
When the end comes to the parents
Feeling sorry for their demise!
Feeling ashamed for not doing virtuous deeds
While suffering combined with losing physical health
Due to the ailing incurable disease!
Are the three indices that may appear
In one’s body which is unstable
In this world!
Parents are the Intellectual subjects of life, Fame!
Children have no gratitude towards parents, hush!
And they are considered like objects of unstable body, Shame!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Three indices may appear in one’s unstable body! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
பெறுதிக்கண் பொச்சாந் துரைத்தல் உயிரை
இறுதிக்கண் யாமிழந்தோம் என்றல் - மறுவந்து
தன்னுடம்பு கன்றுங்கால் நாணுதல் இம்மூன்றும்
மன்னா உடம்பின் குறி.91 – திரிகடுகம்