Three personalities are considered as one’s friends!
A person who is confident in his efforts
lives without any debts; lives with his own resources!
A farmer who is doing agriculture and helpful to everyone
will not eat alone while the guests waiting without food!
A person who is capable of knowing secrets of others
and will never forget what he knows; and in his mind retains!
It is well and good for any person in his life
to consider the above three personalities as his friends!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Three personalities are considered as one’s friends! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thrikatukam'
தாளாளன் என்பான் கடன்படா வாழ்பவன்
வேளாளன் என்பான் விருந்திருக்க உண்ணாதான்
கோளாளன் என்பான் மறவாதான் இம்மூவர்
கேளாக வாழ்தல் இனிது. திரிகடுகம் 12
Comments about this poem (Three personalities are considered as one’s friends! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Tale, Gergana Teofilova
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland
- Not Yet Slept, Michael P. McParland
- No Other, Michael P. McParland
- Blue Hope, maryline vautravers
- No More Yelling, Michael P. McParland
- No Greater Love, Michael P. McParland
- Nightlife, Michael P. McParland
- Never Ending, Michael P. McParland
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland