As each moment passes by,
from day to day, week to week
month to month, year to year
we can watch our time slip by.
Soon we are nearly at the end,
and we look back and wonder,
how did we get to this moment,
this time, close to the end of time.
Its only then we see how short
our life given, really is in time.
Sometimes it’s only then, now
time is short and winding up,
that we decide to take a look
at what we have done, what we
should have done, what we still
want to do, need to do in time.
It is better if we stop now at this
moment, yes this moment in time,
take notice, have a look and see
what is actually ticking, going on.
Now is the best time, the only time,
stay in the present, you could be
inspired by thoughts that come, for
new plans for the time that is to come.
Surely is better with one ration of time,
to do something exciting that you like,
to make this lifetime, a heaven to enjoy,
not into a hell, a ghastly time on earth.
Bob Blackwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time by Bob Blackwell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...