Glen Martin Fitch
TIME FOR A CHANGE
I can't forgive myself
for feeling trapped.
This isn't what I planned.
My faith begins to fade.
I can't adapt.
I slither off
from where I used to stand.
My old convictions
simply do not fit.
It think it's time
for me to slink away.
Campaigns and hobbies, tasks
I have to quit,
abandon games and music
I don't play.
It's time to throw out
worn out clothes.
It's time to toss
old books and odds and ends.
To free myself
of tastes and creeds
It's time to shuck off
relatives and friends.
It's not betrayal
or fear of what's ahead.
So I'm a snake.
Well, this one's got to shed.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TIME FOR A CHANGE by Glen Martin Fitch )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Castles Made of Salt, Michael Mira
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong