Glen Martin Fitch
TIME FOR A CHANGE
I can't forgive myself
for feeling trapped.
This isn't what I planned.
My faith begins to fade.
I can't adapt.
I slither off
from where I used to stand.
My old convictions
simply do not fit.
It think it's time
for me to slink away.
Campaigns and hobbies, tasks
I have to quit,
abandon games and music
I don't play.
It's time to throw out
worn out clothes.
It's time to toss
old books and odds and ends.
To free myself
of tastes and creeds
It's time to shuck off
relatives and friends.
It's not betrayal
or fear of what's ahead.
So I'm a snake.
Well, this one's got to shed.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TIME FOR A CHANGE by Glen Martin Fitch )
- WOE! , PRINCE of DARKNESS, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Signs do not mean free., Harold R Hunt Sr
- You don't know shit., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Lightened In Dawn, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kansas City Royals vs San Francisco Gian.., miami dupli
- Dispersion, ramesh rai
- Know This To Notice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Press1, Harold R Hunt Sr
- BSU pride By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Dandelions, Buddy Bee Anthony
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)