The world's number one killer
I wonder why it hasn't yet made its way
Into a horror movie thriller
Why, though it could beat
Even the serial killer!
Oh it gets even past locked doors
Through the tiniest of holes and pores
And however tiny
It bodes fatality
For to many its bites
Have been lethal, fatal
And it sings freely in your ears
But like a teeny weeny vampire
Don't you undermine the miniscule, the minute
For tis a real-life miniature vampire
Tis a blood sucking brute!
And they come in hordes
Without guns or swords
This major yet tiny killer of humans
Though you might kill with a flick of your hands
Yet you could never wipe out the whole band
From the face of the earth
What with its prolific birth!
As this is one flying army here to stay
And by hook or by crook
In each and every nook
It shall share our land!
How terrible that our blood is on its main menu
My and your blood its main staple diet
So I warn you fellow humans
Save yourselves from the anopheles's bite.
Call it mosquito or agent of malaria
Plasmodiums are far worse than any bacteria
And they aren't just doing their job
They're doing their bloody feeding
We ain't in paradise yet: thus both the harmful and harmless are breeding!
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tiny Vampire by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid