Abdulaziz Ahmad Abdulaziz Fagge
On a rough road
full of potholes,
in a corrugated
bus I was.
Clouds of dust it raised
as it creep on the untarred
rough path they call ‘road’.
A supposed 30mns. trip
As the bus move with
a chameleonic speed,
it shakes with quakes
That could abort a foetus.
The bus was like a
bouncing tennis ball.
Its body moved sideways
as if ready to befriend the earth.
As I Alighted
from the bus a sigh slipped
from my lips for having a ‘relief, ’
I then trekked beneath the
scorching bare sun.
Like a magnet and a
steel the sand dunes
threaten to steal
like a survivour
of a bomb blast.
On my arrival
She splashed a smile
On me, with her toothless
mouth agape. Like a freed
prisoner my worries soon
30/11/2006 8: 57pm
Abdulaziz Ahmad Abdulaziz Fagge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tiresome Visit by Abdulaziz Ahmad Abdulaziz Fagge )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque