THE LOST SMILE - - DR.K.G.BALAKRISHNAN
I had been to my village to day, after years.
I wonder where is the soothing breeze murmuring?
Where did the inherent fun pat and love-pinch vanish?
Pallinada lost its smile that un-hypocritical and deep.
Evaporated the aroma un-superficial the sweet haunting embrace!
Minimized the great pond Vellattumkulam to a dirt-dump!
The School my lingering nostalgia is sleepy lethargic and raged.
The foul-smelling air spelling the neo-political scenario cleverly!
O, My Dear, how could you transform self as in a dramatic scene?
My old class std.1 is there as old as me or quite older
for she is centurion!
I remember at that time the floor was sandy clean white.
My Annie Teacher helping me to write with the right index finger
in sand or with the pencil in the slate.
Suru our servant’s son was my pal dear and class-mate.
We both got the same lessons feel love and care.
Our dawn was the same so the dusk.
Also the air water food and fruits!
We played together, quarreled.
Slept in the shade of the old mango tree!
We heard the same rhymes and rhythm.
We saw the dream of the seven- colored same.
Night I can’t sleep. I feel ashamed.
I also lost the smile.
- - - - - - - - - -
dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TLS by dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath )
- THAT TWINKLE IN GOD'S EYES, michael walkerjohn
- Heart aches bleed, Brian Kilpatrick
- The feed on the darkness, Brian Kilpatrick
- Suffocation, Leong Ming Loong
- My Mind's Eye, Margaret Alice Second
- Ego, Leong Ming Loong
- OPGANDA/COM≡오피뷰≡ UEFA ∥강서오피대박∥▣∥종로오피∥, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- OPGANDA/COM≡오피뷰≡ UEFA ∥서초오피대박∥▣∥동대문오피∥, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- iphone6+▣오피뷰▣ 서초오피 동대문오피 논란「OPGANDA/COM」, cisnkxld cisnkxld
- Am I a cynic?, Khairul Ahsan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)