To A Pupil
IS reform needed? Is it through you?
The greater the reform needed, the greater the personality you need
to accomplish it.
You! do you not see how it would serve to have eyes, blood,
complexion, clean and sweet?
Do you not see how it would serve to have such a Body and Soul, that
when you enter the crowd, an atmosphere of desire and command
enters with you, and every one is impress'd with your
O the magnet! the flesh over and over!
Go, dear friend! if need be, give up all else, and commence to-day to
inure yourself to pluck, reality, self-esteem, definiteness,
Rest not, till you rivet and publish yourself of your own
Walt Whitman's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: friend
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To A Pupil by Walt Whitman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde