To be homely is lovely
Women of beauty!
The intellectuals and the executives,
Simple with no extravaganza,
Still command men’s awe.
Others, glamorous, lascivious,
Or in excess of costumes and cosmetics,
Would evoke in you a liberality.
Be simple and homely;
You’re winsome and comely.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To be homely is lovely by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid