to build a house
to build a house, a beautiful one,
i just do not need land and nails
not just wood, and grass
not just beams and roofs, for they
are but necessities, projections of
the house upon a hill
of the mind,
to build a house, one needs the soul
of the home,
the words of memories, the gutters
of our emotions,
unlike you, my house requires the fences
keeping away the ill winds
of publicity, the rumors of who i was,
a slope, the steep one, inclined
towards no other
than the whiteness of the sky
Poet Other Poems
- ' a discourse on pleasure '
- ' the last dance of your life '
- ' the truth about his place '
- ' What is life? Let us talk about it '
- Why do people keep saying, I'm sorry,...
- to the light
- Watashi wa wakarimasen.
- С о в е р ...
- ق ا س ي ا ...
- 太 阳 把 它 ...
- 洗 腦 (xǐ nă o, li...
- İnside The Arms of The House
- Σ τ α λ α γ...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.