To dilute divorce law
Marriage is a defunct institution
Unless one of the partner accepts
Being unequal to the other.
Marriage is heading to be outdated.
Marriages have so far been successful
Because the woman partner accepted
Being unequal from their dependency
With the male partner as the bread winner.
Marriage is a social obligation.
Marriage is a legal compulsion.
To stay in marriage is more important
Than being happy in the marriage.
Partners, independent of each other,
Hardly find reasons to remain together.
It's time the need of marriage was gone through.
It's time the divorce law was diluted.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To dilute divorce law by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -43, Ronjoy Brahma
- Proposal (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Mystery, Kyle Schlicher
- only Dfence against the rythym - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -42, Ronjoy Brahma
- Clubfoot, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Cabaret Ludwig, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- love is, Gicaniro Will
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -41, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.