To My Best Friend
So many thought crosses my mind, sitting in front of this table.
I look for the stars, and a million twinkle.
I look around my hostel room, many friends are around
But no other friends are quite like you, none I've found.
I close my eyes; pictured our moments together
And smile along, with the memories full of joy and laughter.
You used to rubbed the board, when I wrote your name with a chalk
You never got mad, caused you knew it was just a joke.
With you my friend, I felt like a real poet
Cause you valued all my worthless poems, and praised for it.
I know all my secrets, will be save with you forever
Like our friendship, that would last forever.
Sorry for all the harms, by harsh words I've spoken
If it were not you, our friendship would sure be broken.
You always stand beside me, correct what I've done wrong
Cause my friend you are brave, faithful and strong.
Now my friend, with distances we may be apart
But know that I always love you from the starts.
Soon we'll be meeting, and our friendship will come to light
Till our last breath, lets hold our friendship strong and tight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To My Best Friend by Hriata Sailo )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Mike Teavee...", Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- My Venus, Sandra Lynn
- Turn Around, Spiritwind Wood
- Stay True, Be You, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#10) I travel alone as lon.., Tushar Ray
- Give To Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Language of Flowers, The Princess is
- Do You Know Who I Am, Spiritwind Wood
- The Reason, Spiritwind Wood
- Global Distractions, Tushar Ray
- Alive, Spiritwind Wood