To My Best Friend
So many thought crosses my mind, sitting in front of this table.
I look for the stars, and a million twinkle.
I look around my hostel room, many friends are around
But no other friends are quite like you, none I've found.
I close my eyes; pictured our moments together
And smile along, with the memories full of joy and laughter.
You used to rubbed the board, when I wrote your name with a chalk
You never got mad, caused you knew it was just a joke.
With you my friend, I felt like a real poet
Cause you valued all my worthless poems, and praised for it.
I know all my secrets, will be save with you forever
Like our friendship, that would last forever.
Sorry for all the harms, by harsh words I've spoken
If it were not you, our friendship would sure be broken.
You always stand beside me, correct what I've done wrong
Cause my friend you are brave, faithful and strong.
Now my friend, with distances we may be apart
But know that I always love you from the starts.
Soon we'll be meeting, and our friendship will come to light
Till our last breath, lets hold our friendship strong and tight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To My Best Friend by Hriata Sailo )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Abu at-Tayyib al-Mutanabbi
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Deep in my Soul, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Orange Has A Shadow, Saiom Shriver
- I'm Screaming Inside, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Wisdom, Forgiveness & Love., Tom Zart
- Not Divisive But Divine, Saiom Shriver
- Heart-Song of Mattie Stepanek*, Tushar Ray
- Singing Rain, Saiom Shriver
- Sometimes, Aslam Marikar
- The Confession, Aslam Marikar
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi