To My Guru Swami Vivekananda..
World at this wandering monk wondered,
simply the fearless empty hands unarmed;
vedanta knowledge of Viveka and Ananda,
Salute to you daring, dear Vivekananda!
Sun rise in east has to spread light to west,
Eastern wisdom unknown to loving longing heart,
brought out the best, mighty bright star live short,
thy life was short, but enough to make world bright!
Bearing the torch of Guru Ramakrishna in heart,
inspiring all with glowing truth before you depart;
never worried of future nor painful past in mind,
light of yoga science, pushing darkness behind!
Inspired by thy works, surpassing human boundaries,
social and spiritual miracle that had to happen,
so many lives flawlessly forged in thy foundries,
Thy life is worth million times to study and mention!
We love you, o fearless one, representing soul of Dharma,
Thy love made us fearless, clearing clouds of ignorance,
purity of thoughts inspire us, divinity, and secret of Karma,
always keep our heart free of aviveka, Dearest Swami Vivekanada
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To My Guru Swami Vivekananda.. by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak