to my lover my bestfriend
You asked me to write a poem and tell you something real,
to share with you my thoughts and how you make me feel.
Ill start with your kisses
I think of them everyday
I get lost in the moment they take my breath away.
your fingers have the softest touch, as u wipe my tears away.
wrapping your arm around me, its here I want to stay.
You always speak with passion, when u talk about your goal.
which i'm blessed to be a part of and watch our love unfold.
I wouldn't change a single thing you will always have my heart.
its hard to find happiness the days we are apart.
The nights I make love to you, we go to a different place.
your love takes control of me and my heart begins to race.
I cant explain the feeling when I look into your eyes.
you don't see the bad parts of me you just stop my silent cries.
I cherish every moment with you, and all the things we do. I never thought I could ever love the way that I love you.
So here is the poem you wanted me to to send your not just my lover your my world my best friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (to my lover my bestfriend by jennifer schmidt )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Really Did Like You Susan Fewster, Ray Moody
- Quick Night Note, Michael P. McParland
- Quick Message Of Love, Michael P. McParland
- Proposal, Michael P. McParland
- Before we sleep, Karin Holloway
- Profound, Michael P. McParland
- Pouncer, Michael P. McParland
- Pointless, Michael P. McParland
- Please Tell Me, Michael P. McParland
- Think It Through, Brandino Lopez