To My 'Loving' Parents...
I’m sorry you don’t love me,
I’m sorry you don’t care.
I tried so hard to please you,
But you were never there.
All I did, I did for you,
I tried to make you proud.
But now, I feel I’d be better off,
Covered in a shroud.
If I cried, you didn’t care,
When I bled, you jeered.
I can find no help from you,
It’s as I always feared.
So lead on your precious lives,
Enjoy your disappointment.
I’ll survive without you somehow,
I’m sorry I’m not heaven sent.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My 'Loving' Parents... by Kim Hooten )
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)