“To my special friend”
“to my special friend”
(by: Melvin Delamente)
Hidden behind a smile there’s loneliness,
So painful, but I must express…
My heart played like a game of chess,
Vast emotions I can no longer suppress.
You give me hope
When I’m alone
You give me hope
When all’s lost.
The months pass and we grow stronger
When our days grow shorten and nights longer
Just know I’ll always be there for you
A place to cry somewhere for comfort and truth.
When I’ve got nothing to say
Even my jokes are lame.
If you need a shoulder to lean on
And sometimes you feel that you can’t go on
I’ll be on your side to comfort you
I love you my friend,
In so many ways
In dark and dreary times we walk through them
Trusting not in our inner light and freedom
Cannot walk alone if we are together
Darkness ends when we all are tethered.
I want to know what you’re thinking
If you’re okay
I want to be able to enjoy my time with you
Remember all times laughing together,
Sharing secrets and hanging out
We always said friends forever,
And knew what each other was all about.
(March 16,2011- Wednesday)
Melvin Delamente's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“To my special friend” by Melvin Delamente )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable