To Our American Heroes
We take each day as it comes
We fret, we worry and fuss
About the smallest little thing
We truly think we must.
But when we stop and think
About how very lucky we are
We see our beautiful flag waving
See each lovely shining star.
Then think of how we got here
How our peace has stayed that way
Then remember our American Heroes
And our freedom every single day.
Then bow our heads in thankfulness
For the heroes who have fought
Yes, they stopped their lives
And freedom is what they sought.
We thank you and love you every one
As war after war you stood so tall
For you are our American heroes
You stood up for that freedom call.
Marilyn Lott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Our American Heroes by Marilyn Lott )
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1915 - 2000)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)