Mel (Carmela) Patterson
To The Mall
As the evening unfolds, out comes his red costume.
It still fits well as he gets ready to visit little ones
Donning boots, belt, hat, and gloves; off he runs
To the Mall.
By the fire stockings are hung, red and green together;
It's good to be cozy inside than out in that snowy weather
Our tree has been decorated and tinsel applied
Angel atop, colorful lights lit.. I almost cried.
He's coming back in good humor for the night he had,
Each small child with a list, all were good, no one bad.
He roared a hearty 'HO, HO, HO! ' and I laughed too;
He loved the Santa job, exactly what he wanted to do
At the Mall.
We sink into the comfy couch in front of the blazing fire
And chat about this and that until it's time to retire
It is well past midnight and time to get up to bed
Crawl under our comforter of white, green and red.
Snuggled, warm and exhausted, sleep comes easily
The cold chill from a window open an inch blows breezily
Dreaming he raises his arms and belts out a HO, HO, HO!
I laughingly know exactly where he'll go, go, go! ...
To the Mall,
To the Mall,
To the Mall!
Mel (Carmela) Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To The Mall by Mel (Carmela) Patterson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Conspiracy, Susmit Panda
- jupiter, Mandolyn Davidson
- Woodcutter Vs Woodpecker, SALINI NAIR
- Ne detin e ngrire te meendimeve te mia, skender iljaz braka
- Indiferentizem ekstrem, skender iljaz braka
- Mangesi tolerance, skender iljaz braka
- Ne ditet me te erreta te jetes sime, skender iljaz braka
- Nxitoni o ju hapa te penguara, skender iljaz braka
- I kthyer ne nje statuje te mermert, skender iljaz braka
- Ndofta per te fundit here, skender iljaz braka