Entering the Springtime of my life years ago
Myriads of emotions sprinkled with bouts of woe
Tested my metal and kept me sway
As I traveled a journey toward The Way.
Little did I know in the heat of the Summer
Eventually I would surmount as an overcomer
Obstacles of draughts and fires that charred my soul
As I traveled a journey toward The Goal.
As the Autumn of my life came and went
I pondered if prior seasons were well spent
Resolving to focus on others, myself as least
I now traveled a journey toward the Banquet Feast.
Now in the Wintertime of my Salvific traveling
Avenues of serenity are oft pitted by graveling
Step by stoney step I mount the steep climb
Traveling the journey toward a Heaven sublime.
© Mel Patterson,1-3-11
Carmela Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TRAVELING by Carmela Patterson )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR