Today you're in my every thought.
Today, stands out from all the rest.
Today, answers to the past are being sought.
Today my head and heart contest.
I cannot remember the last tear
that fell sadly on your behalf.
The far and invisible distance kept you near.
So when I strayed, the path remained clear.
I never doubted your presence
at my communion or sweet 16 celebration.
But today things aren't making any sense,
Especially your absent face at my college graduation.
I know you'll still see and smile for me,
and they'll asll say, 'Mom's so proud of you.'
I'll digest the empty thoughts of curiosity,
restraining from biting more than I can chew.
But today my tongue has broken free
from the hold of my suppressive bite.
Condemn every tongue into captivity.
Tighten the lock so their mouths shut tight.
Let silence reign over all humanity.
I want quiet all throughout the night,
So my desperation can stir the unlively
and reunite me with my birth right,
which was taken from me as a baby.
I wany YOUR tounge to break the silence!
It's your face I wish welcomed my day!
Just for one real moment of human existence-
You, me and a small conversation before I begin
... another chapter today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today by Jaymie Lanera )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Posting Photos On The Facebook, I Feel I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- corrosion, oskar hansen
- TO HIS BOOTYLICIOUS MISTRESS, Israel Dammy Ipaye
- Post Photos of Beautiful Girls On The Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- To A Young Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Little Feet, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Common Touch, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Newspaper Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ideal Indian Wife, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Accomplished Care, Edgar Albert Guest