Today Is In Our Hands
As the days go by, the wear and tear,
Of tangible assets will grow and pester,
The intangibles are reinstated as the victors,
To have the glowing eyes that wander.
Wandering of mind and legs to the distant,
Objects that are stationed, permanent,
Shelter for the illusions, convenient,
Consolation for the desires unattained.
Every heart that beats for the song,
May start to palpitate to the tunes wrong,
In the oceanic life on the earthly forest,
Gasping and panting may coexist.
We have the vessels to row it to our destinations,
We have the muscle less fat to fight off the intrusions,
We have that lone pair of electron to look for the pair,
We can reach the cliff and install our antenna's repeaters.
Every today is in our hands and minds,
let us live, relax and not waste it for truants,
the blocks of memories are made with experience,
castles were built with blood; homes with hearts.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is In Our Hands by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- WHO IS HE?, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동대문오피녀 ⓑ선릉오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동대문오피 KTwiz 선릉오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM.., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
- the iron cables laid to sea, RIC S. BASTASA
- Finding her, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- Ur Turn Now?, Najma Mire
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)