Today Is In Our Hands
As the days go by, the wear and tear,
Of tangible assets will grow and pester,
The intangibles are reinstated as the victors,
To have the glowing eyes that wander.
Wandering of mind and legs to the distant,
Objects that are stationed, permanent,
Shelter for the illusions, convenient,
Consolation for the desires unattained.
Every heart that beats for the song,
May start to palpitate to the tunes wrong,
In the oceanic life on the earthly forest,
Gasping and panting may coexist.
We have the vessels to row it to our destinations,
We have the muscle less fat to fight off the intrusions,
We have that lone pair of electron to look for the pair,
We can reach the cliff and install our antenna's repeaters.
Every today is in our hands and minds,
let us live, relax and not waste it for truants,
the blocks of memories are made with experience,
castles were built with blood; homes with hearts.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Today Is In Our Hands by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I had a dream we were back together again, ernestine howqard
- Kisses, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo