Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Too Late To Replace With Outdated Excuses
When someone chooses to prevent another...
From what is suspected of being done to do,
What is it that they advocate or volunteer...
To eliminate unconsciously what was endeared,
From their own lives they have taken,
Not only for granted...
But did not appreciate to express a gratefulness,
Until the familiarity and the taste of it is gone.
To reject as if useless trash to then sing sad songs.
And too late to replace with outdated excuses made.
Regardless of the regrets expressed and addressed,
With a humming of apologies accompanied by another...
Strumming along on a softly played guitar emoting sincerity.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.