The sun has risen, the world is new,
The sky has a new shade of blue.
Under this vast open what do we see?
I am sure it's something that'll make you flee.
Cars over here, cars over there,
Every morning I see the never-ending queue of cars around me,
Trying to fly away, trying to be free.
I look into the cars and the people inside,
Some of them mad with this frustrating ride.
Some cars have old people with their serious looks,
Most of them reading newspaper or books.
And there are those other teenagers around,
Who are angry and impatient with the honking and sound.
I see some small children going to school in uniform,
Dozing off happily, dreaming of Jerry and Tom.
I too wait in this never-ending mess,
Which increases my already high stress.
The new world presents me with this every day,
I bear it because this traffic jam, for hours will stay.
Wini Jose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Traffic Jam by Wini Jose )
- True Romance, Electric Lady
- For every smile thus there the stars of .., Raymond Sawyer
- he Gift, david kush
- I'm always like this, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Soar Where Those Poor Of Faith Reside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- He told the officers, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- This is Just to Say, William Carlos Williams
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(5 November 1494 – 19 January 1576)