Exhausted from work one day
I fell into a trance.
In the filmy canvas of the roof
I saw a hairy, fiery spider
Weaving intricate filaments.
Step by step
His empire grew
Until it covered the whole roof.
His work done,
The old, wily spider
To his throne,
Resting on elongated stilts.
Then a flustered
Flung its body violently
On the wispy trap deployed.
She could barely struggle,
As every move caused her more trouble.
The spider was ready
To eat his prey.
Then I awoke,
And saw that I
Was the very fly
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trance by Chukwuemeka Ekemezie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hopeless Dreams, Omar Eldamsheety
- Garden, Benedicta Ruiz
- PAINS AND SUFFERINGS آلام و اوجاع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What is the love?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Fair praises, hasmukh amathalal
- On MY Way To The Mailbox, Kyle Schlicher
- Belinda, Juan Olivarez
- My Life Will Go On, Kyle Schlicher
- Amaano (Somali), sallam yassin
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston