My breath runs in a subtle rhythmic stream;
It fills my members with a might divine:
I have drunk the Infinite like a giant’s wine.
Time is my drama or my pageant dream.
Now are my illumined cells joy’s flaming scheme
And changed my thrilled and branching nerves to fine
Channels of rapture opal and hyaline
For the influx of the Unknown and the Supreme.
I am no more a vassal of flesh,
A slave to Nature and her leaden rule;
I am caught no more in the senses’ narrow mesh.
My soul unhorizoned widens to measureless sight,
My body is God’s happy living tool,
My spirit a vast sun of deathless light.
Sri Aurobindo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Transformation: Sonnet by Sri Aurobindo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Le poème a toujours besoin d'écho, Eric Dubois
- Le passé est un doux reproche, Eric Dubois
- La vie est open source, Eric Dubois
- Children, Lawerence Mize, Sr.
- San Jose Hills in My Thoughts, Natasa Tocuc
- Be found in elevations high, Mark Heathcote
- Children, Varghese J Kuttikat
- A Song For Mortals, Varghese J Kuttikat
- More of a Sufferer than a Sinner, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell