James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Transparancy... July 13th,2013
Transparancy and accountability are really sparse,
Infact politicians tend to treat these issues as a farce,
And unless its mentioned in the papers, we will never know,
They’re busy at the moment, traveling and going to and fro.
Appointed senators stay until they are seventy five,
They don’t have to win an election so no need to connive,
They are like elite established hereditary aristocrats,
So high up that they don’t need anyone to go to bat.
They are a built-in part of our imposed Ottawa regime,
No DWD or binding referendums in that pipe dream,
No need to be transparent because there’s so little to hide,
Just shut up your mouth and swallow your Canadian pride.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley