Trap the Mouse
Put the bait, lure the mouse
Trap it in the wooden cage-house
It has gnawed enough, nibbled much
The trapdoor shuts at the softest touch.
Have no pity, show no kindness
Be merciless on this gutter's race
Hunt it out from the darkest nook
Don't be swayed by its humble look.
If your heart makes a noise
Listen to your head, you've no choice
Once it's in, drown it deep
Without remorse, for a good sleep!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trap the Mouse by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken