john tiong chunghoo
Travel Indonesia Haiku - Batam
on the street still
the malay heroes
hang tuah, hang jebat...
Batam as well as Bintan in the Rhiau Archipelago, a chain of 3,000 islands were part of the Malacca as well as the Johore Empire before they fell into the hands of the colonialists in the last few centuries. The Rhiau now is part of Indonesia. A Malaysian travelling here will feel at home as the names of the roads and places here are after Malay heroes of the Malaccca empire such as Hang Tuah, Hang Jebat, Hang Nadim
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Travel Indonesia Haiku - Batam by john tiong chunghoo )
Did you read them?
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey