Traveling Through the Forest
Lived a monkey, who was different from the rest in his species
He was really kind and still could be mischievous though in a playful way.
He did not ever intended to cause anyone harm as his soul was good
However, he always searched for the divine soul, who would have all his answers
So, decided to be alone for a while and went to a forest for the feeling of peace.
His heart was courageous and he never feared anything
The woodland was very lonely and it was a new experience for him
Although, his strength was immense, which prepared him for everything.
Then he began to be tired and decided to rest for a while
He was unsure about the place he should be resting in.
Placed himself near a tree, which was with plenty of shade and was covered with green leaves
So, he sat for a while.
In his thoughts he started thinking as to why he is in this timberland?
The answer he did not have and he still thought, as to why?
He looked at the tree and kept on staring at it
All of a sudden he saw a bright glow, which was unusual
It made his hands reach towards the tree
This brave monkey heard a loud voice, do not touch me
To this he got surprised and questioned that how can you speak?
How can a woody plant speak?
Why can a tree not speak, if a monkey can?
God, lives in me too and this really surprised the brave monkey, when he heard so
How can you be Supreme Being?
I am the divine soul, which you are searching for
Why are you in this forest?
Monkey said, to search my Lord
To this, tree replied, your search ends here
How can my search end so soon?
You have seen the almighty already as the voice you heard is of the Maker
No, it was you and not God
Yes, it was me and I am not just an ordinary tree, since the one you are seeking for lives within you
Within your soul, lives God, although only the ones with pure thoughts can realize the presence
You are a monkey, who will change the future of this world, now you can go back.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Traveling Through the Forest by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)