Four smirking lion cubs strolled out
As if the world were theirs,
As if they owned it all, no doubt
And felt like billionaires!
Yet lurking smirking cubs are bold
And while their parents sleep,
Those cubs won't do what they've been told,
As onward still they creep...
The gang was naughty through and through!
They prowled across the land!
They never knew what they would do,
For they'd got nothing planned!
But when they swaggered, things were wild,
Wise creatures ran away!
While cubs looked cute, don't be beguiled,
Their teeth and claws don't play...
There's trouble brewing! Yes, indeed!
Those cubs are a disgrace!
If Mum and Dad don't intercede,
Those cubs will own the place!
Like lion kings, yet lacking sense,
They're naughty so-and-sos...
What happens next, none comprehends,
For now, God only knows!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The poem is based on the magnificent painting
by Stephen Gayford called 'Trouble Brewing'.
Find more wildlife poems using Google search
for the search phrase Stephen Gayford poetry.
Comments about this poem (Trouble Brewing! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov
- Baltic nights, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- the perfect girl, glen pugh
- Raining Love, Sandra Feldman
- I Still Read, An Apology For Someone Pro.., Michael McParland
- Not Missed, Michael McParland
- Trigger Happy, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos