True Love Hurts
if love was a light
and the earth was the soul
Can it be truth
or can it be coal
no one has ever found that feeling,
the feeling when you find true love
because you wonder if it even is true!
untill you put on cinderella's shoe
you think that everything has a happy ending
just like in those fairy tales
but you still never give up
even if you know it fails
a wedding is just False
you think that you have found true love
you know that you will get divorced someday
no matter how strong, you just have had enough
a wedding is supposed to be the greatest day of your life
not your worst
especially after he say's 'i now pronounce you husband and wife'
so ask yourself
have you REALLY found true love?
Karen Weimorts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Love Hurts by Karen Weimorts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...