Diana van den Berg
Loving the world
of electric Flamenco clicks
of tango passion
in Rimbaud abandon
of wild, wild flowers.
slow on the tongue.
It’s pan flute
It’s fingering silk.
a purring cat.
It’s the healing
deep in the eyes of
adoring dogs and horses.
Loving the world
envigorates the soul
and paints the spirit whole.
Try it. It’s easier than you think.
(19 July 2005)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Try It by Diana van den Berg )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 January 1957)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Haiku After Sunrise, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Rest With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Rest Assured KP, Michael P. McParland
- Respect For You, Michael P. McParland
- on the outside, ras palmer
- But did I?, Vanessa Parodia
- Renewed Hope, Michael P. McParland
- Remember Loving Words, Michael P. McParland
- Ready For Bed, Michael P. McParland
- She will be, Vanessa Parodia