Waltz For Zizi
Trying To Do A God's Job
What love has made us do, beneath the moon,
on hills, where the tallest of the stars
fall upon those proud flowers,
that so deep hid us and our sins,
when the sheets seemed too far to resist,
I'd so often found them, in your hair, stars
tangled, or glued upon your cheek
and when everybody thought them to be freckles,
we'd so much laugh of them,
between the tall flowers,
that grew so close to the sky.
They're even closer now.
It's the time, for all the monsters I know,
to open the doors of heaven,
and set the blue sky free,
from the clouding of the gray.
And my son, a savager,
too misshaped to be loved by you,
or to wear the name of man,
a beast with a million thoughts
and wraped in gold armour,
dragging the moon after him
would not restrain the monsters
from reaching your naked feet.
Why are you so ashamed, of loving a man forever?
Is god really that much beautiful than me, the man?
What promises does he makes you,
to love him?
I'd so much like to know.
Maybe you'd love me again then,
even a bit would be fine.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trying To Do A God's Job by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)