Giorgio A. V.
The fog reminded him of winter's iced edge
how faster can the nightly riding be?
he felt the overthrow and painful sledge,
- the asphalt hit the rider departee.
The roar was heard amid the falling snow
the bike capsized - and hard he fell to slug,
across the never reached horizons' glow,
received her bridal kiss and asphalt's tug.
He danced with her beneath the nimbus cloud
- enjoining the magnificence of waltz;
denoted valor bestowed fore, avowed,
ambrosial her remembrance was, and false.
Beforetime she became his fate in mists,
perceived their airy dance, surpassed treetops
lithe daughter of woods' emptiness, not kissed
on fares unvisited, where searching stops.
Among the nimbus celebrating Hall
Collegiate was the feast's inviting dance,
trajectory redemptive, death-ride toll,
- was thoughtful and recognizing her glance.
So standing tall 'mid honors and dusk shades,
recalled the margins that he raced upon,
three hundred for Persephone of Hades
to be his wed on skyline's denouement.
The bullocky V-engine echoes thence
and crowns the basalt rocks atop the brae
when riders pass and fog is hazy-dense
upon his street-bike fighter see him sway.
Topic(s): iambic pentameter
Giorgio A. V.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (- Tug by Giorgio A. V. )
- How Mad Am I In Your Love? (II), Bijay Kant Dubey
- UNESCO's Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Random Ramblings, Kyle Schlicher
- Learning my religon, Cee Bea
- White Moon In The Sky, Kyle Schlicher
- To Julie III, Josias Homely
- When Does It Stop?, Kyle Schlicher
- How Many Mornings?, Kyle Schlicher
- The Resting Place Of Hafez, Nicholas Nikolov
- Homo Erectus Tebessümü, Muzaffer Akin
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? .., William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)