We are two different suns.
The dusk takes you away, shrivelling you over the ocean waves
But i remain a blanket in the clouds.
When the new day comes, you are strong and glisten brightly, a pinacle.
But i stay softly, gently glowing in the blue of the sky.
You are the sun that is worshipped,
admired and monumental, the golden god, the RA.
People and things need your warmth to be alive,
and they want to be alive
They want you.
Iam the afterthought, the lingering question, is there more?
Iam the sun that remains in the night, cool glossy milk on the moon,
pale, soft milk in the clouds,
the etchings of blue,
all blues of the sky.
And iam felt softly, warmly
As you are felt lively.
We are both suns. We are both shinning suns.
In different places and times,
But always we are two suns.
Julia Grandi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Two suns by Julia Grandi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Out of Jouissance II, Ali Ashjaee
- Out of Jouissance I, Ali Ashjaee
- An Ode to Madness, Ali Ashjaee
- TANYA ROSENBILT FUCKS ISRAELI, alexander opicho
- Secret, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Inspirations, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Pity, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Witch, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Measures Of Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Yellowhammer, Ruth Manning-Sanders