WERE I as base as is the lowly plain,
And you, my Love, as high as heaven above,
Yet should the thoughts of me, your humble swain,
Ascend to heaven in honour of my love.
Were I as high as heaven above the plain,
And you, my Love, as humble and as low
As are the deepest bottoms of the main,
Wheresoe'er you were, with you my love should go.
Were you the earth, dear Love, and I the skies,
My love should shine on you like to the Sun,
And look upon you with ten thousand eyes,
Till heaven wax'd blind, and till the world were done.
Wheresoe'er I am,--below, or else above you--
Wheresoe'er you are, my heart shall truly love you.
Joshua Sylvester's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ubique by Joshua Sylvester )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Irom I Miss You, Lalit Kaira
- The Treasures I Have, Minerva Montecalvo
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood