Unchained and Unfettered
Energized, I stand before you,
for once looking at you
eye to eye.
Liquid pools plead;
you now need to fight.
You used to intoxicate me,
more than any amber liquid could.
Now I am unchained;
Your entwining spells once encased me,
but now I stand liberated.
My eyes now sparkle
in ways you never thought they could.
Cryptic and incongruous,
my answers rarely match your questions,
leaving you wanting.
I no longer feel the pull
from the chains around my heart.
My words echo,
lost to you.
I smile when I think back,
and realize I was right.
My steps echo,
moving farther from you
on unfettered legs.
Freedom is intoxicating now.
My thoughts echo,
roaring in your mind.
With my mind unchained,
Possessing the roar of a lion,
I am a mouse no longer.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unchained and Unfettered by Brian Hinckley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas
- GALE'S MEDAL, Terry Collett
- Listen To Me, I am Talking, Ali Faisal