Under The Canopy
There won't be any change,
If I'm insulted except in
My mind, there will be the
Riot of fighting emotions.
You jab on my bark with
Your pen-knife, I bleed,
But easily I make up
My mind for tomorrow.
Nobody, knows the truth
Of one's own, so who am I
to claim to know of
Your whole, when I couldn't
Catch the single beat
Of your precious heart?
At night, I throw the dusts,
Into the bean of darkness,
Forgetting nuisances I met,
And breathe my prayer,
Under the canopy of the sky.
For you also, I pray!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Under The Canopy by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- The Forest: In between the branches, Jeremy Horsford
- Regretful love, Andrea Lopez
- The stars, her eyes and Love, Ayotunde Bolaji
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)