Under The Canopy
There won't be any change,
If I'm insulted except in
My mind, there will be the
Riot of fighting emotions.
You jab on my bark with
Your pen-knife, I bleed,
But easily I make up
My mind for tomorrow.
Nobody, knows the truth
Of one's own, so who am I
to claim to know of
Your whole, when I couldn't
Catch the single beat
Of your precious heart?
At night, I throw the dusts,
Into the bean of darkness,
Forgetting nuisances I met,
And breathe my prayer,
Under the canopy of the sky.
For you also, I pray!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Under The Canopy by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Diwali for the dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
- Friend in the Desert, michael walkerjohn
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- Pantoum: Landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)