Untitled, but entitled.....
He loves dark chocolates, old fashion penny candies
And I wish he loved me....
Not the kind of crazy frenzied love, you knew as a schoolgirl,
But the love that comes from knowing your soul is safe,
Your secrets, safe...your sad stories, told
He drifts in and out of his own sentence,
Leaving lines, canyons wide,
to read between.
I do my best to find only the honesty within them...
So that I may savor the sweet slivers
of an evening, spent
suspended from a cobweb thin thread
that connected us...
That I might revisit it on a rainy day...
He loves his dog, his Aunt, his throwback jams,
Led Zeppelin and the Yankees
And I wish he loved me...
For now, as before, I must surfice to be content
And be his winter hideaway
Susan Lacovara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Untitled, but entitled..... by Susan Lacovara )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon