Lawrence S. Pertillar
Venom That Is Adored
Some folks have to be trained,
To do what it is they desire to do.
Some learn what they do in school.
I did too and it felt like a waste of my time.
Since I've known in my mind...
What now seems like forever.
I've always been connected to what it 'Is'
I've always known who it is I am.
And often I have felt out of place...
On foreign shores!
While others debate racism...
Self hatred and their waste,
With such a venom that is adored!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Venom That Is Adored by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid