Stephan van Pinksteren
In the silence of death,
There is a sound.
Only heard by the unknown.
Listen very carefully it can be found.
It's only a whisper,
To soft not easy to be heard,
It's taking flight in my head.
Look very carefully there is a bird.
Flying into my head,
Taking me in his wings.
Disturbing my thoughts,
Speak very carefully to these things.
Don't speak to loud,
Or you will scare her.
This bird is very shy.
Reach very carefully I'm sure.
She will find you to,
She will also fly for you.
Taking you in her wings,
Be very carefully because she's true.
Don't lie to her,
Or she will go away.
Leaving your side forever,
Listen very carefully and she will stay.
Stephan van Pinksteren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Very Carefully by Stephan van Pinksteren )
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)