I've been a victim,
For a long time.
Nothing is sublime.
I've killed, I've screamed.
I've stabbed, I've dreamed.
I've smoked, I've drank,
I've made a problem,
Out of a prank.
There is a darker,
Side to this world.
There's nothing we can do,
Open your eyes,
To see the world.
Let the poison of reality,
Help you drift away.
I've crushed hoped,
I've brough hell,
To innocent lives.
I regret what I've dont,
And beg for the past.
The past before I realized,
What the world really is.
I long for the shielded comfort,
of the world's facade.
Andrew Long's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Victimized by Andrew Long )
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)