RIC S. BASTASA
A poem is considered vintage if it was made from 1919
towards the end of 1930.
However, there is debate on the cut-off of the vintage period.
The British consider 1930 as the cut-off,
while Americans prefer the year 1925,
as defined by the Classic Poem Club of America.
There are people who think that the vintage period overlaps the classic period, while others consider the beginning of World War II as the cut-off date for the vintage period.
Most of the poems written during this period are more practical and convenient.
Metaphors such as radio and heating were introduced
while the introduction of antifreeze has allowed water-cooled poems
to be useful all year round.
A much more reliable four-wheel poem system using a foot pedal and hydraulically-actuated figure of speech were also introduced in this period. Fuel quatrain rating, which allowed comparison between sonnets, and the brief haiku, was among the innovations in this period as well.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (VINTAGE STUFF.... by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam