Voice of an Empty Heart
The light is quickly fading,
and my eyes are closing in.
Heavy to the ground,
Flood, ring, resound.
Breathe deep – let it last all night
Out, empty, desolate.
Less and less…
There’s no wondering why…
Wires would do well – just a little to hold some guard.
Feeling empty from within.
Opened up to all.
Given away for free.
Where is mine now?
Are other’s feeling full?
I’m feeling quite empty now…
I’m feeling a fool.
Topic of this poem: emptiness
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Voice of an Empty Heart by Jerry Cramer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea