Voice of an Empty Heart
The light is quickly fading,
and my eyes are closing in.
Heavy to the ground,
Flood, ring, resound.
Breathe deep – let it last all night
Out, empty, desolate.
Less and less…
There’s no wondering why…
Wires would do well – just a little to hold some guard.
Feeling empty from within.
Opened up to all.
Given away for free.
Where is mine now?
Are other’s feeling full?
I’m feeling quite empty now…
I’m feeling a fool.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Voice of an Empty Heart by Jerry Cramer )
- Imaginary Friends, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
- The Ends and the Means, David McLansky
- Together Life, Albert Martin
- No secret, gajanan mishra
- Adam's Story: Redemption, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1930 - 1998)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)