WAITING TO BLINK
Eating circles in the sky
I ask you to step outside
the space. It was time!
I will alter the succession
of flesh to spirit.
Sky was overcast, when
mercury was falling.
The thread breaks. Your
theory falls without wings.
Chandeliers chase the─
shadows on the walls.
You start collecting the
tomorrow and the morrows.
There were no more yester-
days. Ashes will stay in urns.
The grass remains wet with dew!
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WAITING TO BLINK by Satish Verma )
- Silent Sentinel, Von Kimball Barney
- Inspired By Some Lines of Psalm 119, Dr John Celes
- Fast Sunday, Von Kimball Barney
- Twinkle Twinle little star - 1, ramesh rai
- आं खोनायाखै, Ronjoy Brahma
- आं बावबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)