Wake up, women..
Are you one of the four wives,
Visited by your husband every four days,
Wake up, woman, fight for your rights,
You don’t have to wait for a womanizer to arrive,
Always tired of doing extra work in all four houses,
Look at his face, the pressure is building up,
Look at his legs; those are getting wobbly in mid forties,
Wake up women, your sons don’t have to face the early death,
Gulping pills and potions to carry the burden,
On his sparrow sized brain that goes to dysfunction soon.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wake up, women.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second