Wallace On Death Row
There’s a famous place called Blackpool
That’s noted for fresh air and fun
However I’m waiting on death row
For I’m to be shot with a gun.
A Lancashire lad called Albert
Stuck a walking stick into my ear,
I asked him politely to stop it
And go for a walk on the pier.
But Albert being a Ramsbottom
He took no notice of me
Still poking me deep in the ear
Saying, “Oi, I’m talking to thee.”
I will not let him annoy me
For I’m starting my yoga trance,
I’m oh so calm with my karma
I know that he hasn’t a chance.
Now the wife, she’s getting angry
And building up quite a rage.
Reaching out with her claws
She drags Albert into her cage.
Now that my yoga is over
I’m back in my cage all-alone,
I open my eyes and I’m shocked,
To see a blooded cap and a bone.
I got the blame for eating Albert
Though the wife she cooked up the plan
I know, I couldn’t have ate Albert
For I’m a vegetarian.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wallace On Death Row by John Silkstone )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Inspiration, Michael P. McParland
- Intesely Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Jakhm dilon kaa jab bhi dhoun,, Aftab Alam
- achchhe din aa gaye, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Into The Valley, Michael P. McParland
- It's All For You, Michael P. McParland
- Dog, Valerie Worth
- Grass, Valerie Worth
- It's Hard, Michael P. McParland
- Inferno, Michael P. McParland