Wally Lives In Wisconsin
Under the wings of the Golden Eagle,
Wally was born in Wisconsin,
By buxom youth, now feeble.
He chomped on blue cheese burgers,
In the cradle of the free, and,
He nailed the home coming queen,
Listening to Jerry Lee.
Wally knew in life, that there was no God,
Bigger than money, and,
He always maintained that he preferred,
Maple syrup to honey.
He embraced values of live and let die,
Wally liked younger girls,
Asian, especially Thai.
This was the playhouse that he built,
With his wife and children,
Who helped spare him his guilt.
Supported the Contras,
Remembered San Juan hill,
Wally was a God fearing christian,
Whose daughters were on the pill.
Stole, hunted and killed,
Under beautiful Big Sky,
Wally never once asked how,
He never wondered why.
Dermot McGarthy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Wally Lives In Wisconsin by Dermot McGarthy )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus