Dave Tanguay (Nov.8,1948 / Westbrook, Maine)
War + Lives - add Love = Freedom
A nation born from war, for the “purpose” of establishing freedom
A nation divided in war, in an “attempt” to fulfill the goal of freedom
A nation engaged in world wars, in the task of “preserving” freedom
A nation policing the world, in the “pursuit” of freedom
So many young lives have been lost, for the “cause” of freedom
Let us remember those who paid the “ultimate price, ” for freedom
And dear God, please tell us! - “What! ” - is freedom?
“Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing
To play in face of certain defeat.” Ralph Ellison
'We need not war'
We need not war, to show us how freedom is made
What we need is love to show us how freedom is played.
For freedom is not - but to “do as we please”
But rather to “please others” - because of what we achieve
“To serve requires love, only with love to we attain freedom”
Poet Other Poems
- A Child Born In Humble Surroundings (poe...
- A Different Outlook on Psychology (Comme...
- A Language Not Yet Completely Fulfilled
- A Prayer To My Lord (poem)
- A Thought For 9/11 (poem)
- After Christmas Come The New Year Resolu...
- Another Election Rolls Around In the Goo...
- Artist and war (poem)
- As simple as “Love” (poem)
- Beauty glows from within (poem)
- Being Born on an Election Month
- But To Some It’s For Real (Poem)
- Election 08 (poem)
- Fall: As a Passage of Our Lives
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fall: As a Passage of Our Lives by Dave Tanguay )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley