Yes, I am a Warrior,
A Warrior of courage and hope.
Despair and fear are my adversaries,
And with destiny I have to cope.
I fight a battle as ruthless as them,
Who bravely make the enemies in their own blood sink.
Except, I don't wait for any orders to fire,
With gun as my pen & bullet as my ink.
I fight a war which began to never end,
In a place where you can run but never hide.
Only words to attack & words to defend,
The culprit who is our own dark side.
I write the cries, I write the laments,
I write the untold brutal tales.
When I rip off the veil of filthy lies,
Only the naked truth is what prevails.
Every malevolence is followed by guilt,
For strangling a million dreams.
I write those bruises given to the naive,
I bring to surface those buried screams.
I write of those who were shot to death,
Whose voices could never be heard.
That Father who was burnt before his son,
For the truth that he had uttered.
Every man is like another's reflection in water,
Just a few spoil it by the ripples.
Giving pain to the weak can give one a gait of a lion,
But deep-down inside he shamefully cripples.
For the muffled many in the here and the now,
I am a roar as I keep writing.
With gun as my pen & bullet as my ink,
I am a Warrior as I keep fighting...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Warrior' by Sujay Patekar )
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry