Yes, I am a Warrior,
A Warrior of courage and hope.
Despair and fear are my adversaries,
And with destiny I have to cope.
I fight a battle as ruthless as them,
Who bravely make the enemies in their own blood sink.
Except, I don't wait for any orders to fire,
With gun as my pen & bullet as my ink.
I fight a war which began to never end,
In a place where you can run but never hide.
Only words to attack & words to defend,
The culprit who is our own dark side.
I write the cries, I write the laments,
I write the untold brutal tales.
When I rip off the veil of filthy lies,
Only the naked truth is what prevails.
Every malevolence is followed by guilt,
For strangling a million dreams.
I write those bruises given to the naive,
I bring to surface those buried screams.
I write of those who were shot to death,
Whose voices could never be heard.
That Father who was burnt before his son,
For the truth that he had uttered.
Every man is like another's reflection in water,
Just a few spoil it by the ripples.
Giving pain to the weak can give one a gait of a lion,
But deep-down inside he shamefully cripples.
For the muffled many in the here and the now,
I am a roar as I keep writing.
With gun as my pen & bullet as my ink,
I am a Warrior as I keep fighting...
Sujay Patekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Warrior' by Sujay Patekar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Explanations In Verse, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Coinciding Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rivers, Angela Khristin Brown
- (BOOK # 6) : Sheila And Clifford: BACK I.., Bri Edwards